Wednesday, January 23, 2008

From Istanbul to Paris

To begin with, this is a very difficult posting for me to write.. so please, after reading do not worry about me!

I have been having many problems with AIESEC in Turkey. I signed a contract through AIESEC to work with Local Agenda 21, a reputable NGO. After arriving I was told I could not start work with LA 21 until after January 18th. And now I have been told I will not work with LA 21 and will teach english at a high school instead. Unfortunantly, all of the high schools in Turkey are about to begin a two week vacation, which means a two week vacation for me! C'est la vie.

I am trying to remain positive. I want to teach english as a foreign language in the near future so this is my chance to gain experience with different age levels. Though I came to Turkey wanting to work with an NGO, I know that I will have many opportunities for this in the future. People are not perfect and organizations are not perfect, so all that I can do is make the best of my situation. Having said that, I am taking a one week vacation to Paris! I leave Istanbul January 30th and return February 6th. Until that time I will be keeping myself busy in Bursa and will keep all of you updated!

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Those bastards! But it looks like you are managing to have a good time anyways. Love the pictures. It is too clod here! Miss you in class

Jordan